Wednesday, December 16, 2009

A Movie - How to make oreo balls

I can't believe I did this because I do not like being on camera, BUT I made you a movie on the how-to of oreo balls. Because, they are just that easy.






So, if you don't want to watch the video here is the recipe:




1 lb package of mint oreos


1 8 oz package of cream cheese


1 small bag of white chocolate




OR




If your store doesn't sell mint oreos, get the plain ones and add 1/2 teaspoon of mint extract. If you don't like mint you can add coffee grounds or orange extract or whatever flavoring you like.




Also, this year I'm making half in white chocolate and half in dark.




So, if you have a food processor, dump the oreos in and pulse them until they are sandy. Then add the cream cheese and pulse until it forms a ball.




If you don't have a food processor, what I've done in the past is double up 2 ziplocks and pound the oreos with a meat mallet until sandy. Then, just mix in a bowl or a stand mixer with the cream cheese.




Form into quarter sized balls and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment (make sure it will fit into your fridge). Once they are all formed, let them set up in the fridge for several hours.

One batch will make about 60.

Then melt the chocolate of your choice in the microwave and dip the balls into the chocolate, totally covering them. (I'll add a picture of the finished product later, but I wanted to get the recipe out for you now).




Place back on the parchment lined baking sheet and let them set up in the fridge until the chocolate is hard.




Eat up!


27 comments:

Jenny said...

fun! we make them the exact same way at our house- my kids actually make them! one of our most favorite treats ;-)

Unknown said...

Those look good! We love mint anything around here! Thanks for making the video...weird though to HEAR a blogger's voice...guess I have in my mind what I think everyone sounds like and then it always surprises me when I actually hear! you did a great job!

Christa said...

YUM! I love Oreo Balls! You are too cute!

The Undomestic Mom said...

Our family loves them! Your kitchen is gorgeous!

Shelley said...

I make these every year and they are SO easy. I just use regular Oreos and I don't add any flavoring and they're still a hit.

jsiewert said...

I loved the video. I have never had Oreo balls but I will be making them this year!

Barclay Kathryn said...

Come teach me to cook, k? : )

Todd and Courtney said...

I am going to make those! I think I am going to add a drop of red food coloring to the chocolate for a Christmas look! Thanks for the recipe!

Jill said...

Great job -- yes, I WILL be making these!

Lauren said...

You seriously have the cutest southern accent, haha!! :)

Anonymous said...

Yum! Thanks for sharing!

Meg said...

Awesome! I've been wanting to try these! Hope you find the energy that you need to get everything done!

Lianna Knight said...

You are absolutely ADORABLE!! And I can't tell you enough how much I love your hair...so so cute!

Crystal said...

Love the video! I might make them for Monday b/c I have to bring something to work. You should share pictures of your house one day, your kitchen looks beautiful!!!!!! :)

Dawn said...

I think I'll try these! Thanks for the video....so much better than just reading a recipe!

Mary said...

you are so adorable! you look so good, i wish i could have lost all my baby weight that quick with #1! i need your secrets! lol..those look so good, i will have to make them soon!

Karen At Home Blog said...

Those look so delicious! I am planning on making these after watching your video. Merry Christmas!

Karen

Jamie Kubeczka said...

Well look at you... you go girl! I love the video and would love to make these! Thanks so much for sharing! Hope your family has a very Merry Christmas! ;-)

~Alicia~ said...

You do sound very Southern! (Well to my Australian ears anyway!)
I wasn't expecting your voice to be so soft & sweet though - I guess when you read someone's blog, you imagine what their voice sounds like and your real voice is so much more lovely than I imagined!

marion said...

Thanks for sharing this video with us. You are such a sweet woman. Your blog is one of my favourite. Sometimes I feel a bit 'the odd one out' writing in here cos most of the replies are from Americans. (The majority of people do not even know where Malta is.) But by following your blog everyday I feel I know most of the people who reply.
I am very choosy when blogging and I have to say that yours is very genuine and of quality. Keep it up :)

Greetings from Malta, to you Jenna and all people posting here. I consider you all my friends!

Alicia said...

Thanks for sharing. I am going to make these for the holidays. I was wondering what all was in them. Have a Merry Christmas!

The 'Ssippi Scoop said...

LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT! Thank you for making the video, it is neat to put a voice with a face that I read about everyday. I got tickled at the dog and the cat coming in to see what all the noise was about. I'm not doing any Christmas baking because we have our FIRST BIRTHDAY party on Saturday so my time is filled with all that! Your just as cute as can be!!!

tootie said...

You look so cute in the video! And the recipe looks so good. I will have to try this sometime!

Sarah said...

Your should make videos more often-you did a great job and looked so pretty! I also think you have the cutest southern voice I've ever heard(I do realize that might not be your greatest aim in life, but I had to say it anyways!;). I am so defiantly going to make those this year! :)

Jordan said...

They look so delicious that I'm making them right now! Except I forgot 1 ingredient...the cream cheese! It will take longer to finish them than I originally thought! LOL I can't wait to taste them! =)

RN Mama said...

I loved the video! I especially loved your southern accent:)

I have everything to make my Oreo balls, but now I'm thinking I might want to buy some mint oreos instead! Sounds delicious!

Francie Schmuhl said...

I'm not sure what I love about this video more...the content (yum!) or the two furry "assistants" lurking in the background!! Thanks for the recipe, my husband loves them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips