Monday, February 1, 2010

Want to eat healthier with me?

I've been thinking about doing this for awhile, and now is the time!

I pretty much make the same recipes over and over. I think a lot of us do that. You get comfortable making certain things and you don't want to try out something new in case...well, you fail.

Once a week, I'm going to try out a new -and most of the time, healthy - recipe. I'll post the recipe and (if I can manage it) pictures. And I'll let you know what my family honestly thinks of the recipe. The first recipe I'll be making starts tonight. I'll probably end up doing the post the next day - so it will hopefully be an every Tuesday thing.

I'll post the recipe now, that way if you want to make it too, you can. And, if you have a recipe you want me to consider making, email it to me at jennasjourneyblog AT yahoo DOT com. I should let you know we are picky eaters - I don't eat anything that comes out of water.

So here's whats for dinner tonight...

Beef and Noodles

    1 lb. beef round steak, cut into bite size pieces
    1/2 a chopped onion
    10.5 oz low-sodium beef broth
    1 pkg onion soup mix
    Cooked whole wheat noodles or egg noodles
    Olive oil to coat the pan
    salt and pepper to taste

Directions

Heat oil (about 2 TBS) in a large skillet. Add onion, then sliced steak. Brown meat on both sides. Add broth and bring to a boil. Then add onion soup mix and reduce heat to a simmer. Let cook about 15 min's. (sidenote - while typing this up, I bet you could add some sour cream and have kind of a stroganoff thing going...hmmm, might do that).

Separately, cook noodles according to package directions.

Let me know what you think! Will you be trying a new recipe? Perhaps this one?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips