Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Chicken Roll Ups


I have a great, easy and delicious new recipe to share with you!

One of my favorite things to do in my limited free time is to search food blogs and food websites. I kept seeing recipes similar to the one I'm going to share but I didn't like half of the ingredients, and the ones I did like, Chris didn't. So here's my version of Chicken Roll Ups!

First, I boiled 2 chicken breasts. I just pulled them straight out of the freezer and threw them in warm water, and let it boil for about 40 minutes.

Meanwhile, I let a block of cream cheese thaw out. Hey, I never promised it was an overly healthy recipe.

I mixed the cream cheese with 1 1/2 cups of cheddar and 1 cup of Monterey jack and some salt and pepper.

Once the chicken was cooked, Chris shredded it for me with his hands of steel, and we mixed it into the cheese mixture.

Then I put the mixture on big, buttery, flakey crescent rolls.And rolled them up. Oh, and then brushed them with melted butter and topped them with bread crumbs. I guess you could skip the butter part, but you only live once.Finally, bake them at 350 for 20-25 minutes!
  • 1 pkg cream cheese (8oz)
  • 1 pkg crescent rolls (6 ct) (note, you can also use TWO packages of regular sized crescents)
  • 2 shredded, cooked chicken breasts
  • 1.5 C grated chedder cheese
  • 1 C grated Monterey Jack
  • 1/4 t salt
  • 1/4 t pepper
  • bread crumbs
  • 1/4 stick melted butter
Combine chicken, cheeses, salt and pepper. Spoon onto crescents. Roll them up making sure they are sealed around the chicken mixture. Brush tops with butter and sprinkle with bread crumbs. Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes. To reheat, just place in a 325 degree oven for 15 minutes.
Be sure to check out my other great chicken recipes too! Here's a few to get you started!
Cheesy Chicken Spaghetti
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips