Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Snowed In

Before the snow hit, we had a beautiful, sunny, 70 degree day. It was SO nice. Chris and Brayden were sick but Brody and I were well so I decided to take him on his first walk in his stroller around the neighborhood.

I think he liked it:

I've always wanted to be snowed in. Growing up in California it wasn't much of an option. We used to drive up to Lake Tahoe so that we could SEE the snow! Ha! As a kid I loved reading the Babysitter's Club books and my favorite one of the series was when Mallory got snowed in. I just thought that would be so much fun. I'm weird.

Well, now that 3/4 of us are sick (thankfully Brody is well!), it wasn't quite as fun as I was hoping, but still a good time!

Chris kept mentioning Snow Cream, something I'd only had once since I moved here. It's like ice cream but made with snow. I went outside and got some clean snow and made Mint Chocolate Chip Snow Cream!
It was super simple. Here's what I did:

10 cups of fresh clean snow
1.5 cups of milk
1 cup of sugar
1 teaspoon mint extract
1/2 cup chocolate chips

Whisk everything together until it is the right consistency!


Brayden kept asking for a taste:

And he really enjoyed it! He keeps asking for more!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips