Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Crockpot Flank Steak with Homemade Tortillas

This is one of my FAVORITE new recipes. I got it from Beth's Favorite Recipes! If you like Mexican food you will love this and it is so easy to make! I also made a black bean and corn salad, I'll post that later this week!


CROCKPOT FLANK STEAK

Source: JennaBlogs.com via Bethsfavoriterecipes.blogspot.com
Makes 4-6 servings

1 flank steak (about 1-1/2 lbs.), cut in half if you have a small Crock pot
1 Tbsp. oil
1 large onion, sliced
1/3 cup water
1 can (4 oz.) chopped green chilies
2 Tbsp. vinegar
1 tsp. chili powder
1 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper

In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown steak in oil. Transfer to crockpot. In the same skillet, sauté onion for a minute or two. Gradually add the water. Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Pour over the flank steak. Cover and cook on low for about 8 hours or until the meat is tender. Slice meat and serve with the onion and pan juices.
And then I realized that I didn't have any tortilla's so I decided to try my hand at making some!

Here's what I did:

HomeMade Tortillas
Source: Jennablogs.com

2 C flour
3 teaspoons vegetable oil
3/4 cup milk - room temp
1.5 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons baking powder

Mix ingredients together in a bowl using your hands. Knead for a few minutes until dough comes together and loses most of the stickiness. Cover with a damp towel for 10 minutes.

Divide dough into 10 balls, cover with a damp towel for 10 minutes.

Using a rolling pin form the tortillas into VERY flat circles. Heat a dry skillet over med-high heat. Place tortilla on the skillet - it will begin to bubble. Let cook 45 seconds and flip.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips