Friday, March 25, 2011

A Day in the Life

Edited: I just wanted to edit and add a note on here...Re-reading this post, I can see how it might seem like I'm a super mom or something like that. Trust me, I'm NOT! I do my best, just like we all do, and though our schedule is great, that doesn't mean there isn't plenty of screaming (reflux related) or getting into stuff (Brayden!) or a million other catastrophes that go on around here! =)

I thought it might be a good idea to document a current day in our life, so that I can look back and see how things have changed!

First, I want to put a note for myself in here that Brody officially got his first tooth yesterday! It's barely through the skin, but it's there! Wow!

So, here is our typical day...

7:30am - I get up and get ready. This is a recent change. Up until recently, Brody would wake up and I would get him, feed him, play with him, then he would play on the floor while I got ready. Now, he's sleeping longer so I'm able to get up, showered, hair/makeup done and even make Brayden's breakfast before either of them have woken up.

8:30 - 9am Boys wake up and eat

9am - 12:30pm - Boys play, we run errands, go to playgroups etc.

12:30/1pm - 3/4pm - NAPTIME for the boys!!! I clean, cook dinner, read my Bible, catch up on blogs, write a post etc during these precious few hours of quiet! I am SO glad that I got them onto the same nap schedule. I've had a few peeps on Twitter ask how I did that. Basically, at one month old, I started working with Brody on taking a nap at the same time of day. It didn't matter where - in my arms, in his bouncy, his swing, whatever. I just wanted him to get used to the idea of a scheduled nap. Easy! At 2 months, I started slowly working on getting him to nap in his pack and play (where he was also sleeping at night). He took to that immediately. At 3 months, I started putting him in his big boy crib in his room. Again, no problem. Now he naps there everyday.

4pm - 7:30pm - Playtime, bathtime, Daddy time, go out and do something fun time! Every day is different. Sometimes we go to the park, out to eat with friends, to small group, to my parents etc.

7:30pm - Start bath time if it's bath night. We do baths every other night except during the spring/summer, then it's every night. We bathe Brody first, then Brayden. The whole process takes about 45 minutes.

8:30 - 9pm - The boys go to bed! Brody now sleeps in his crib in his room, which means I can now run the dishwasher at night again! It's the little things...

Brody eats every 2.5-3 hours during the day and then sleeps all night.


And because no post is complete without a pic of my sweet boys...here they are holding hands and smiling at each other.





Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips