Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Pasta Salad

My mom makes an amazing pasta salad that has been a part of our family events for years. I recently made this for our small group and I thought I'd share the recipe.

Here's what you'll need:

1 box of tri colored rotini pasta (be sure NOT to get the vegetable pasta. Some tri colored rotini is flavored like spinach and peppers - you do NOT want that one).
1 - 2 bottles of Kraft Italian dressing
1 red onion
2 green bell peppers
1 package of hard salami
1 can of artichoke hearts (packed in water; drained)
2 small cans of sliced black olives (drained)
1 block of mild cheddar cheese
1 block of montery jack cheese

(There's double of everything pictured below because I made a big batch)

Cook the pasta according to package directions. Do not under-cook. Drain pasta and let it cool.

Dice onions and peppers. Slice salami into strips. Cube cheese. Quarter artichoke hearts.

Mix everything together. You don't want the pasta too hot or it will melt the cheese Sometimes I cube the cheese and put it in a tupperware container until I'm sure the pasta is cool enough. Start with one bottle of dressing and then taste. As the pasta sits it will absorb the dressing and I usually end up adding more at least once. This is best if you let it sit at least 5 hours or so.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips