Saturday, July 30, 2011

a WEIGHTY issue

I don't like to talk about weight - what woman does? And I've gone back and forth on whether or not I would post any of this, but I decided that it was something that I wanted to document for myself, so here it is.

On July 19, about a week a half ago, I decided I flat out wasn't happy with where my body was. I used to be toned, fit, healthy. Then I started going through infertility treatments and gained some weight. Then I was pregnant - twice, within 2 years - and had 2 c-sections. I know that there are some women who can just bounce back from all that, but I was not one of them.

It became one of those things where I just kept telling myself "tomorrow." I'll start eating better tomorrow. I'll begin exercising tomorrow. But tomorrow never came.

It wasn't just one thing that led me to say, "I'M DONE!" - it was a culmination of things. I saw a picture of myself and thought, "thats me?". I tried on a dress that I thought I would certainly fit into - and I did, but then I couldn't breathe! I got tired after playing outside for too long with my kids. Granted, being tired can be related to the health issues I'm dealing with right now (which are not weight related), but still.

I decided that I wanted to get fit. Yes, I wanted to lose weight too, but most importantly, I want to be healthy and strong.

So, on Tuesday, the 19th, I laid down the law for myself. I've been exercising up to 3 hours a day (during nap time and after the kids go to sleep) and eating clean, healthy food. I already have more energy and feel SO much better about myself. In the last week and a half I've lost 6lbs and 5.5 inches (total from my arms, hips, waist).

I get bored easily - especially with things I don't particularly like - so I switch up my exercises. I've found some great ones on Pinterest that keep me from getting bored. Chris and I usually walk about 3 miles each night. I have a recumbent bike and ride up to 10 miles a day and I've worked up to a 7 resistance. The bike is great because I can read on my kindle app or listen to music through my phone, which keeps my attention off of the fact that I'm working out!

So, that's my story. I feel weird writing all this, but at the same time, I want to be able to go back and see where I started!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips