Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Favorite Things Party

Last night was a girls night out that I'd really been looking forward to - I organized a Favorite Things Party! I saw this idea on Pinterest a few months ago and filed it away for Christmas. There are several ways to do it. We had ours at a restaurant because we all have young kids and it would be too hard to do it at someones home.

Here are the rules we used:
- Pick ONE favorite thing that you discovered this year or have just plain loved forever.
- Buy FIVE of that ONE thing.
- You can't spend more than $20 total for all five items.

How it works:
- Everyone writes their name down on a slip of paper FIVE times.
- Each person draws FIVE names - you can't draw your own name or the same name twice.
- You take a gift from each of the names that you drew.

Everyone takes home five great gifts!

Here was mine:
The tin is what I used to put the slips of paper in for us all to draw from. My gift was Chocolate Covered Ritz Crackers. They just have them out for Christmas and they are SOOOO good. And all of my girlfriends know I'm a huge chocoholic so it was very fitting.

Here is what I brought home:From my friend Jennifer, who always has wonderfully poofed hair - a can of Freeze It! I was so excited!

From Stacey, a realllllly yummy smelling candle and a hot chocolate mix!

From Lindsay, Burt Bees! Which I love!

From Brittany, a Bath & Body Works antibacterial soap and hand soap! They smell so good!

And from Lisa, a ceramic pot keeper - you throw it in your boiling water and it won't boil over!

I didn't get Rebekah's gift because we only draw 5, but she brought thank you notecards!

(All of their blogs are on my blogroll under people I know)

We had such a fun time and are already plotting when we can do this again....Valentines Day? Easter? I don't know, but I can't wait!

What would your gift be??

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips