Friday, April 6, 2012

6 Ingredient Burgers with Spread Sauce

You may have noticed that I have a thing for In-N-Out. That whole "absence makes the heart grow fonder" bit is true. At least when it comes to me and fast food.

Anyway, I thought I'd share my basic burger recipe with you, mostly because I needed a segue to share my homemade version of In-N-Out's spread recipe. If you haven't ever had it, you MUST try this recipe!

So first up is the burger:

1 lb 97% lean ground beef
1/2 cup shredded Monterey jack cheese
2 teaspoons worcestershire sauce
3/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
3/4 teaspoon onion powder

Combine all ingredients. Grill. Add freshly sliced sharp cheddar cheese about 1 minute before removing from the grill.

Now, onto the spread...
I came up with this after spending several hours taking guesses at what might be in it. I think it's pretty close to the original, taste wise.

One thing to make note of - Do not use relish. Relish has a slightly sweeter taste and it doesn't taste right in this.

1/2 cup mayo
Slightly less than 1/4 cup ketchup
2 teaspoons worcestershire sauce
1 dash seasoned salt
1 large kosher dill pickle, minced
1 teaspoon kosher dill pickle juice

Combine all ingredients. Serve with burgers. Or fries. Or onion rings. Or...well, you get the point.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips