Friday, May 18, 2012

Bruschetta Chicken


I've been waiting to share this recipe with you - I keep getting asked for more healthy chicken dishes and this is my absolute favorite. I made it twice this week, that's how much I love it! I hope you will to!

The bruschetta is great alone - serve it with whole wheat pita chips or veggie chips or french bread. Or eat it with a spoon like I do!



Bruschetta Chicken

Source: Jenna's Journey Recipes


For the Bruschetta:

5-6 roma tomatos, diced
4 tbs minced red onion
1 tsp minced jarred garlic (I don't use fresh garlic in this-the taste of the jarred is actually better!)
3 tbs sliced basil leaves
2 tsp balsamic vinegar
2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
Sprinkle of salt

In a bowl, combine diced tomatos, minced onion, garlic, basil, balsamic, oil and salt. Mix well, cover and let sit in the fridge for at least an hour (or longer!) to let the flavors come together.

For the Chicken:

2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/2 cup light house Italian dressing (I use Kraft)
4 thin slices of mozzarella cheese
Balsamic dressing

Put chicken in a ziplock bag with Italian dressing. Let marinade in the fridge for up to 6 hours. Grill chicken and just when it is cooked all the way through, melt 2 slices of thin cheese over the top. Remove to plate and drizzle with good balsamic dressing.

Serve with a generous portion of bruschetta over the top!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips