Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Homemade Applesauce

So I was baking some muffins and I needed unsweetened applesauce, but I didn't have any, so I made some! Applesauce is great in lots of baked goods, but I highly recommend using unsweetened sauce. If you can't find any, or prefer to make your own, this is how I do it!

PS - Don't forget to vote for me as Best Mom/Food Blog on Babble! Just click here and last time I checked, I'm on page 4! To vote, just click the thumbs up, it's that simple! =)

Homemade Applesauce
Source: Jenna's Journey Recipes
JennasJourneyBlog.blogspot.com

4-5 peeled and diced apples
3/4 cup water
1 teaspoon cinnamon

Peel and dice apples (removing core and seeds). Put in a pot and add the water and cinnamon. Cook over medium low heat stirring every few minutes for 20-30 minutes (time depends on how small you dice your apples).

Once cooked, use a potato masher to mash up your sauce to desired consistency. If you are using it for baking, you can even puree it in a food processor.

** If you are making this to eat and prefer a sweeter sauce, just add 2 tablespoons of white sugar when you add the cinnamon and water.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips